Monday, April 3, 2017

3 Apr 2017

This week was awesome! Especially the last two days, it’s always good to hear from our prophet and apostles! Plus they announced a Pocatello temple! We must be doing a pretty good job here, haha. I really did enjoy the session though and I've noticed that of late a lot of the talks have been focused around basic truths of Christ, the atonement, and our spiritual identity, which means that’s probably things we need to make sure we are holding closely to in these days. President Monson didn’t say much but did speak on maintaining a strong testimony of Christ. The commitment that I heard him ask of us is to study the Book of Mormon daily. If we realize it right now or not we need the spirit to be with us especially in these times, and I don’t think there are many better ways to feel the spirit each day than to spend some time enveloped in the scriptures.

 The other thing that has been on my mind is that of Charity, this last week I was reading out of 4th Nephi and verse 13 stuck out to me. "And it came to pass that there was no contention among all the people, in all the land; but there were mighty miracles wrought among the disciples of Jesus." But when I read this the thought came to me that as we are loving and charitable, which means there will not be contentions, we will see mighty miracles in our live and in the lives of those we love! I think the world is in deep need of charity, people are so quick to find fault, even when among other missionaries I see them finding fault at times given missionaries aren't perfect but if anyone should understand that people have struggles shouldn't it be us. People are so eager to know that they are "better" that someone else, or just to find reason to be upset with others, and it gets nobody anywhere. I had a psychology teach who once said he didn’t believe that love was real; people only love others when it’s a benefit to them. I suppose that there is a part truth to that, but not that love isn’t real, but love isn't natural. We often talk about the natural man and the natural man is selfish and never really loves others just what they give him. So to be charitable is to put of the natural man and to truly become like Christ! To put another’s needs before yours, to be patient and loving towards those who have struggles, to be slow to anger and quick to forgive. As you do those things the Lord wouldn’t be able to stop blessing from coming into our lives.

Anyways, it was a good week with lot learning. I hope you all had a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment