Thursday, December 15, 2016

12 Dec 2016

This felt like a really fast week but it’s been pretty good.

I want to talk about Christmas though. I love the initiative that the church put out called light the world. It’s about doing service each day leading up to Christmas. I would encourage everyone to check it out on mormon.org. But thinking about the video and the purpose behind the initiative and the scriptures it references, I think it’s amazing to think that we as church members have the opportunity through the gospel of Jesus Christ to be the light of the world! In Doctrine and Covenants Section 50 we learn in in v24 that, that which is of God is Light, so as we follow the gospel and live according to the teachings and principles of Christ we become light. In v25 it says that we are given the power to chase of darkness. On my mission I’ve seen families and individuals that struggle and need that light. As David A. Bednar explains to the very basic Characteristic of Christ is to turn outwards. No matter what His circumstance was what he did was always for the benefit of others. Follow the example of Christ this Christmas season I encourage all of you and find someone who you can uplift, then strive to make this a pattern of living though out the rest of this year. This Gospel is the guide to living a happy and fulfilling life, and if we live it that joy will by nature of the gospel extend to others.

I love all of you and I hope you enjoy this Christmas season!

Elder Hoffman

Also to the family, I'm sure all of you have pictures with little Maverick and I did want to feel left out... so I did the best I could with what I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment