Sunday, November 6, 2016

31 Oct 2016

Well I guess I’ll get this out of the way, but it’s been one year since I entered the MTC.... Super crazy to think about it doesn't feel like that. A lot has happened in that year I wish I would have journaled better so I could remember everything. But most of all this time out here has helped me solidify my testimony that this is the restored church of Jesus Christ and he is our head, who works through a Prophet on earth today! It’s an exciting thing to know and blessing flow from following it principles. I guess that wasn't the most of all part though, even greater than just knowing it is to see it bring blessings into the lives of others. The hard part about being rejected isn't the actual rejection but that people don’t understand what it is they are rejecting they think we are just another sect looking to increase the numbers in our congregations, but this is the restored Gospel the fullness of the Gospel lies with in what we teach and it brings salvation and gladness to all those who head it. I don’t know if I ever got a mission plaque, I don’t remember giving a favorite scripture for it, but I love D&C 128:19 not ever one I read it seems to understand what I see in it, but I find it poetic in a way just in the way it describes the joy of this gospel, the verse reads:
"Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of gladness! A voice of 
mercy from heaven; and a voice of truth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of 
gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great joy. How beautiful upon the mountains 
are the feet of those that bring glad tidings of good things, and that say unto Zion: Behold, thy 
God reigneth! As the dews of Carmel, so shall the knowledge of God descend upon them!" 
I don’t know how to properly describe the feeling the spirit gives as I ponder upon this verse, but how great is it to know the truth of this message, how great is it to know that our God reigneth, how great is it to know that the dead shall rise and all that is lost shall be restored! That the knowledge of God can and will descend upon those who seek diligently! In verse 22 of this same section it follows up to say:
"Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, 
brethren; and on, onto the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the 
earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King
Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem 
them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free."

Many people do not yet understand the glory in the Gospel we Share or do not understand it to a full extent, it’s something that I myself cannot teach anyone, but they must seek to find through the spirit. But when we obtain this understanding, when we come to see the glory of the work of God, how can we not take courage? To spread his word abroad that all may rejoice! This world is full of darkness and difficulty.  I’ve especially seen that in my time of service. Christ is the light of this world. I don’t know how else to explain it. This is the work of the Lord. There is joy, comfort and strength in the Gospel and in affirming your faith in it. It is an anchor for our soul. The fullness of God’s plan and gospel is on earth again restored through a prophet. Now the great work is to bring it unto all that they may have joy! I say this in the name of Him, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I apologize for not giving an account of my week, but for my year mark I wanted to share a testimony. Friends and family I urge you to come closer unto Christ. In the scriptures it says Christ had no apparent beauty. I don’t think it meant his appearance, but the doctrine and principles he taught. They do not seem immediately pleasing but as we seek to understand and comprehend His teachings we will see the beauty that lies within.

I love you all! I hope you guys know that!
Elder Timothy D Hoffman


P.S Happy Halloween 

No comments:

Post a Comment